- Hard disk crashed.
- Open up system unit and removed dead hard disk. Leaving another behind. I’ve got two, you see? (My first time doing this and I’m so excited and scared.)
- Windows cannot detect the only hard disk drive left. (Want to cry!)
- Tried to set the jumper settings. (From CS to Master)
- Windows still cannot detect hard disk.
- Tried to use a different power connector (I didn’t know the name to it before this.). There’s 3. The other two didn’t work. The last remaining one did. (Thank God!)
- Windows detected a hard drive with a very exclaiming name. WDC-xxx-dsds!!!!!!!!!!! (It came with lots of exclamation mark behind!)
- There are 2 IDE ribbon cables (I also didn’t know the name to it before this). One black. One grey. Tried to connect to either one till it worked. Now I don’t remember which colour I connected it to. But janji dah detected dan dah ada nama sah.
- Tried to format the hard disk. This one was a breeze.
- Tried to install fresh Windows XP and it worked.
- However, the computer just won’t load Windows XP.
- I formatted 3 times and installed XP 3 times after that. (Still not working, am gonna pull out my hair!!!)
- Finally, discovered that stupid pirated XP CD contains corrupted file. (Me wanna cry so much!)
- Tried to install with another XP CD but formatted it again, though I wasn’t sure whether formatting was necessary but it was a phsychological effect to remove corruption happened earlier on. I want it all clean, baby. Clean!
- Windows XP successfully installed. (Yippie!)
- Installed other software programs which took a great deal of time but of course shorter than the time from #1-14 as listed above.
- Happily yakking away with kawan-kawan.
- Wanted to shut down PC but it ain’t letting me do it. No response. Ain’t shutting. Nope, it ain’t shutting.
- That’s when Google is my best companion because it gives me solutions.
- All I had to do was to change the properties in “My Computer”. ( I learnt something new today)
- My PC finally managed to get some rest after the going-to-be-dead hard disk having gone through 7 hours of formatting but only managed to reach status until 19%. So sad. The longest formatting in history. I couldn’t wait. I went to bed.
- I’m happy I’ve got 2 hard disk so I could throw the dead one away and use the one that’s still alive.
- However, all my photos and music files are gone. (Bye bye love, Bye bye happiness. Hello loneliness. I think I’m gonna c-rrrryy!)
- My computer is happy now.
- When my computer is happy, Gracie is happy too.
2 responses to “Point Form”
Are you on drugs or alcohol? :d Stef Sun… Good.
Siah: High on herbal tea! Stef Sun..Me love. So much. She good. I like.:x